Meghan stunned us all on her wedding day, not just with her beautifully elegant Givenchy gown, but with her simple barely there ‘no makeup, makeup look’. Whilst this worked so perfectly for her and her utterly flawless skin, I would only recommend doing this if the skin is in tip top condition. So here are my tips for getting a Meghan Markle complexion x
1. Preparation, time and hard-work is key to getting clear skin that is naturally radiant. The first thing you will need to practise daily is a facial workout. Like our bodies, where we exercise to stay strong and slender, so does our face need a little workout now and again. Meghan famously loves a good facial workout – favouring this method as opposed to surgery. Search your local Saks salon for this treatment and many others favoured by Meghan.
2. Get rid of the dry skin… pronto! Meghan is a prime example of what the right kind of moisturiser can do for your skin. Moisturising is a product that must not be skipped. Ever! Moisturising literally wakes up the complexion, plumps and boosts circulation. Ditto for the eyes – use a balm or cream to lift the eyes and improve dark circles. Try Dior Hydra Life Hydration Rescue Intense Sorbet Creme and No7 Early Defence Eye Cream. And get as much sleep as you possibly can!
3. Meghan is unique in the fact that her skin requires no colour correction and has a smooth surface area with no unsightly texture. She is very naturally blessed – although like many actresses Meghan understands that what you put in your body has a direct connection to your skin. So it’s no surprising she eats healthy for her body and skin, coupled with drinking plenty of fresh water. Drinking water helps to plump the skin smoothing out lines and wrinkles, it also combats uneven skin tones with patches of redness. This, used with the moisturising, will help to give you that even complexion. It is also important to exfoliate once a month to help the skin’s renewal process and remove any dead skin cells. Try Alpha-H Liquid Gold.
4. You can tell that Meghan has been very good in the past with not picking her spots as she has no marks or scars. Or if she had any, she has quite wisely had these professionally treated. If you do suffer from breakouts it’s important to treat these either with a cortisone gel or red-ness reducing eye drops. If you have suffered from spots in the past and are left with some scars think about booking yourself into your local Sk:n clinic to see about a re-surfacing treatment.
5. Meghan’s teeth have that Hollywood effect of being perfectly straight and whiter than white. If you think your teeth are looking a little sub-par, it is always best to consult your dentist to discuss options of professional teeth whitening and corrective adult braces. Be prepared though… it can be a little pricey! x