Your bridal makeup should take your everyday makeup to the next level and complement, but never overpower, the occasion. It has to work hard though with getting the right balance for photographs, meeting guests and lasting the distance on what is a joyful, but long day. What’s also really lovely about having your makeup professionally applied, is that you have a little bit of time to sit back (glass of Prosecco in hand optional) and take a few moments to feel proud of all your hard work and months of planning. And to remember the wonderful person who’ll be waiting for you at the end of the aisle.
As your personal makeup artist, my role will be to ensure a smooth and seamless transition throughout the preparation stage of your wedding. Experienced in all dress fastenings and veil sets – I can assist both your bridal party and yourself to ease any pressure. And of course, provide any last minute touch ups you may require or request.
Hello! I’m Frances, a classically trained editorial and bridal makeup artist working across the South of England. My previous clientele have included brides, models, actors, actresses and members of the aristocracy throughout Hampshire (New Forest), Dorset, Surrey, Wiltshire and London. A regular contributor to national and international wedding magazines and blogs, my work has been seen across the world and celebrated for its emphasis on luxury beauty. I simply love being asked to be a part of someone’s wedding day. Not only is it incredibly exciting; it’s also a position of trust, and one which I fully respect.
In my professional makeup kit are products which I have carefully selected for their high performance qualities and ability to work under pressure – which ensures your bridal makeup has everything it needs to look fab! These include: Anastasia Beverly Hills * Benefit * Bobbi Brown * Charlotte Tilbury * Dr. Brandt * Illamasqua * Laura Mercier * L.A Girl * MAC * Makeup Geek * Rosie for Autograph * Sigma * Smashbox and Urban Decay to name a few.
I’d love to hear about your wedding plans so do get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by sending me a message through my Contact page. Also do check out my blog which is regularly updated with helpful tips and advice for your wedding day!
Prom season is almost upon us and the excitement is slowly gearing up for all those lovely teenagers who have worked really hard to gain those crucial exam grades and now deserve a glamorous party to celebrate! I for one love a prom and get equally excited to see those gorgeous gowns and fashion forward hairstyles, not to mention the sweet gifted corsages from slightly embarrassed boyfriends (super cute!)
To help with the added of cost of looking stunning for the evening I am offering a special discount for this prom season only. Book now before the end of July 2017 to have your prom makeup professionally applied for £35 per person (usual cost £70pp)
Yes, the big question… should you hire a makeup artist for your wedding? It’s a question every bride puts to themselves – shortly followed by the follow up question… or can I get away with it myself? Often I think the answer is in the ‘get away with’ part. Do you really want your wedding makeup to be something you ‘get away with’? If you’re at that stage of questioning, then here are my top 5 reasons for booking a professional make up artist for your wedding.
1. Your wedding day is not a day for ‘everyday’ makeup. You’re going to be photographed all day – and not just by a professional wedding photographer. Remember your friends and family are all equipped with cameras too. Whether it’s for photographs using natural or flash photography or meeting your guests in sunshine or by candlelight, professionally applied makeup will translate well to all mediums.
2. Do you have a million different bridal looks on Pinterest and still can’t decide what to choose? A makeup artist can translate these looks, picking out key elements that will compliment your wedding gown, hairstyle, theme and colour scheme.
3. Makeup artists know skin (!) and we can help identify the areas that may become an issue on the big day. For example, that patch of dry skin or the potential breakout that you don’t know how to deal with? We can quickly analyse the condition of the skin and give you advice on the steps you could take to avoid future problems. It’s just one less thing to worry about… and it’s all part of the service.
4. Much as I hate to admit it, weddings can be stressful! And no one would blame you for feeling a bit nervous on the big day. Having a makeup artist means there will always be a steady hand to apply that cat flick eyeliner or tackle those false eyelashes. And we’ll always have a tissue nearby as well in case things get a bit teary!
5. OK, and this is the big one: hiring a makeup artist is not cheap! But you’ve spent oodles on that gorgeous wedding venue and catering, an eye watering amount on that perfect wedding gown… why skimp on yourself? It is your wedding after all! This is your chance to be pampered by the professionals so sit back and enjoy it!
N E W for 2017 – upgrade your bridal makeup package for an additional £21 (payable 14 days before the wedding) and receive a premium branded lipstick to use for ‘touch ups’ throughout the wedding day. This includes a search and find service, whereby if a lipstick you love has sold out or is no longer available on the market – I will be able to find a suitable alternative, or hunt out that illusive shade.
Send me over a message at email@example.com to add to your makeup package x
If you’re looking for that missing piece to your project, then a professionally trained and experienced makeup artist maybe what you need to turn your creative thoughts into reality. Ensuring the end result is something that you can be really proud of to see in print or online.
Whether the assignment calls for a ‘classic’ beauty look or perhaps a more avant-garde design, my role will be to interrupt your thoughts and come up with a practical approach that takes your project to the next level. By committing to your vision I work hard through my designs to compliment, never overpower, the rest of the creative team thus ensuring a smooth transition that appears seamless on and off camera.
Current clients include: Your Hampshire and Dorset Wedding Magazine, Bride Magazine and Wedding Ideas Magazine.
“I just wanted to get in touch and thank you for the beautiful work for our front cover of 163!” Lisa Birch, Account manager fashion – Wedding Ideas Magazine
“Hi Frances, I just wanted to drop you a quick message to tell you how amazing your makeup looks on our shoot at Somerley!! Stunning!! I am super proud to have you on our supplier list!” Alex Dollin-Webster, Wedding Co-ordinator at Somerley Estate House