Designed to invoke images of far flung places, unique beauty and above all be a safe & relaxing place. It’s always nice to bring friends & family along to big decisions, and with my spacious new studio the more the merrier! 🌴
This March I was lucky enough to be asked to provide hair and makeup for a very special and unique styled shoot, organised by the lovely Nikki of The Toast Events. After seeing her concept mood-board I literally jumped at the chance to be involved, and couldn’t wait to design something suitably ethereal to match the style.
And now this gorgeous shoot is currently being featured on Whimsical Wonderland Weddings! Do check out the full shoot details here x
Photography OILVEJOY PHOTOGRAPHY Concept, Styling & Props THE TOAST Styling Assistant ANNIE FERN Cakes THE BEACHSIDE BAKERY Floral Design TIGERS TO LILIES Flower Provider ATLAS FLOWERS Table Fabrics, Napkins & Ribbons THE NATURAL DYEWORKS Bridal Capes BRITTEN WEDDINGS Model (Bride) BETHANY ASH Model (Bridesmaid) AMY WILDE Male Model MATTHEW ROBERTS Groom Attire MENSWEARR Dresses ROCK THE FROCK Chairs COORDINATION CATERING Crockery ZARA HOME Hair Accessories & Veil WHAT KATY DID NEXT Make Up & Hair FRANCES MOORE MUA Perspex Plinths FABRICATE Venue BIGNOR PARK Confetti BUBBLE AND BERRY Furniture OKEHURST DESIGN Stationery IN THE DETAIL ‘Bride’ & ‘Groom’ Glass Etched Place Names VINEGAR AND BROWN PAPER Doves LOVEY DOVEY
Last 2019 weekend wedding dates available for either hair, and or makeup! Email firstname.lastname@example.org or use the contact form on my website to book any of these remaining dates x
Saturday 30th November | Saturday 14th December | Saturday 21st December | Saturday 28th December
I have been training as a wedding hair stylist for around a year and a half now, teaming up with stylists that have been in the business for more than 25 years. I’ve worked hard to absorb as much of their advice and skills as I possibly can, and as a result I have worked on creating soft down and up-dos for bridesmaids that can easily be translated to a bridal look.
So if you’re pretty confident doing your own bridal makeup, but just need an extra pair of hands to create that soft tousled do – simply get in touch at email@example.com or by using my contact form on my website here.
Kate Middleton has become most famous for her beautiful glossy, long thick hair with many a client asking for the ‘Middleton’ in hair salons up and down the country. But how does she do it? Well, here are a few secrets to achieving that very same healthy shine for your wedding day x
1. Start to deep condition the hair at least six months before the wedding. Go for products that are meant for repair like Moroccanoil Intense Hydrating Mask – these sorts of masks are brilliant at putting back moisture and life into your mane. Use them at least once a week.
2. Try to start putting together an idea of what you want for your wedding hair either by making a collage or Pinterest board. Now, do you need to grow/colour or cut your hair to gain that style? If you do then start making plans to be able to achieve the style you want.
3. If your hair colour needs a little fine tuning then think about root touch-ups or subtle highlights around this time too. That way the colour has time to develop and for it to feel like ‘you’. Don’t book in a colour appointment too close to the wedding. Instead, have your last colour about four weeks in advance. And always think about going lighter not darker, as this will lift your features and compliment your gown.
4. Start taking onboard more water, fruit and vegetables along with a daily hair supplement such as Hairburst Chewable Heart Hair Vitamins. Not only will this help to plump the skin and reduce wrinkles, but will also encourage your hair to grow and become thicker. Always consult your GP before taking any supplements.
5. Book in for a hair trial. Take the opportunity to experiment with different styles and remember to bring your wedding hair accessories including a veil if required. once your happy with the style, take loads of pictures on your phone to remember the hairstyle and get excited!! x
So something kinda amazing is happening right now for Bridal Hair Hampshire By Michelle Crosser and myself… a long overdue partnership! I have now become Michelle’s trainee hair assistant!!
I can’t tell you how excited I am to be learning some serious skills from one of the industries best stylists – sooo watch this space! x