Way back in freezing January it was announced that Ciate and American socialite Olivia Palermo would team up and produce seasonal collections of nail polishes and a makeup line. With Olivia becoming a Guest Creative Director for the year – a dream job if ever there was one! I for one, have been very excited about this collaboration as I find Olivia to be ahead of her time in terms of fashion and design – I especially loved her alternative take on her wedding dress for her wedding to Johannes Huebl. Ditching the standard white dress and turning to a more stylish (and comfortable) two piece, with her top being a delicately stitched jumper teamed with a front split floaty skirt and vibrant blue shoes.
The first nail shade collection was released in May 2015 and has received mixed reviews with many claiming that Olivia has played it safe in terms of colour. I personally love what she has designed as she has not only gone for hues that she would wear, but has thought about the client and made sure they’re wearable for everyone. In the current (first) range are Hutch – a perfect vibrant, tasteful red. Nantucket – a summer coral shade and very now. And lastly Sundays – a pretty, natural pink reminiscent of Kate Middleton’s wedding nail polish. The packaging is what you would expect from Olivia, beautiful and very classy.
I think Olivia should be very proud of her first collection, as like the designer they are practically perfect in every way x
For a nail biter it can be very difficult giving up this habit anytime of the year, but especially so when planning a wedding. Any sort of decision can see someone gnawing down their nails to nothing, without even realising! As a ‘recovered’ nail biter I know how the habit can get out of hand (no pun intended!) and have included some top tips for growing those nails into something you’ll be proud of on your wedding day.
* Firstly, get those nails treated to a professional mini manicure to improve the cuticles and shape the nails. This will ensure you start off with a good base.
* Regularly paint your nails. You may feel that there is nothing left to paint on but this will encourage you to stay off, as the thought of getting nail polish chips all over your mouth (especially at work) will keep temptation at bay.
* Use a special nail biter polish. It’s clear in colour when you apply, but try tasting those nails and you’ll get a nasty shock!
* Try using a nail growth system, like those from Ciate – they have a slight pinky sheen and are packed with vital vitamins for your nails.
* Get someone to take a picture of your nails facing you with your engagement ring on – examine the photograph and see how your nails look. If you think they look less than par, then this should give you another push to kick the habit!
Ciate has to be my all time favourite brand for nail polish and care, their huge range of colours means there is a different colour for every day of the year it seems! With their beautiful long lasting, high performance colour I always use this for my brides – who love that it’s also highly chip resistant! Ciate also has that ability to make me smile, adding a bit of colour on dreary British days with their cuter than cute bows.
A favourite colour for a natural bridal look is Cutie Pie, which is a gorgeous pale pink colour. But my current love has to be Apple & Custard which is very on vintage trend at the moment! x