What the bio says…
‘Rose quartz helps tap into the universe of love – whether it be in the form of self-love, familial love, friendship, or romantic love. This beautiful stone opens up your heart to all kinds of love and allows you to let go of negative emotions that inhibit your ability to love.
Maximise your skincare routine by incorporating this crystal roller to massage your skin. Facial rolling is a popular facial massage technique that promotes healthy, glowing complexion. Honey Belle Rose Quartz Facial Roller incorporates a natural one-of-a-kind gemstone with rose gold accents.’
Facial rollers are currently big news in the beauty world. They came onto the market with mixed reviews, which meant that they took a bit of a dip in sales. But they are back stronger than ever and with a more sleek appearance, rather than the sex toy they resembled before! And with so many benefits I can completely see the appeal x
Reserve your special date by either using the Contact Form on my website, or by emailing directly at firstname.lastname@example.org – responses are always given within 12 hours.
Saturday 10th August | Saturday 24th August | Saturday 21st September | Saturday 28th September | Saturday 26th October | Saturday 30th November | Saturday 14th December | Saturday 21st December | Saturday 28th December
Many of you already know, through reading this blog, that I am a complete advocate of the false eyelash. When paired correctly and applied perfectly – I truly believe falsies can take a beautiful makeup design to the next level of awesomeness, so I am always on the look out for the next best false eyelashes on the market. And I think I’ve found my next holy grail of lashes via beauty blogger and gorgeous red head Rosie Bea.
I am really blown over by these lashes at the moment – it’s not just the range of width and length, but also the wonderfully delicate (and easily disguisable) lash band which just makes it an absolute must for my brides. These are also awesome to use on bridesmaids I’ve already bought and used 50 pairs so that must tell you something! x
Natural, homemade beauty is so chic right now with many women understanding the benefits of organic ingredients and not to mention the cost value – with a homemade facemask costing very little, and made with spare produce from the pantry, it’s no wonder the natural beauty industry is really thriving at the moment. I particularly love this recipe for a cacao and coconut mask. The mix of raw cacao, coconut oil and honey is just so soothing, it feels amazing on your skin and then when you wash it off your skin is just so soft and happy. Plus the mask smells divine – I have to admit that it also tastes amazing, I can’t help but eat a little bit of it before I put it on my skin!
Makes One Mask
– 1 teaspoon of raw cacao powder
– 1 teaspoon of raw honey
– 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
Simply mix all the ingredients together in a bowl before applying it to your face. I like to leave the mask on for about an hour but even just 15 minutes will feel great if you’re short on time. When I take it off I usually place a handful of oats in my hands and use these with some water to exfoliate as I wash the mask off, which leaves my skin even happier!
Over time I’ve become a bit of a perfume obsessive. I love having the choice whether I want a light floaty, floral scent or a deep, vanilla base fragrance to match my mood. I know a lot of brides worry about how to extend the life of their perfume, to have that beautiful scent follow them continually throughout the day – so I thought I would comply a top tip list including some of my favourite bridal scents to help.
5 Top Tips to extend the life of your perfume
1. Once you have your perfect bridal perfume don’t put it in direct sunlight, or in warm/damp place like the bathroom. The heat will break down the scent and lessen the quality. Instead pop it in a draw, or on top of a wardrobe away from windows.
2. Rub a little vaseline on your pulse points, as this will hold the scent better on your skin and for longer.
3. Pop your perfume on right after getting out of the shower, and before getting dressed. The moisture from the shower will help to lock in the scent – and putting your perfume on before dressing will stop any staining coming through on your wedding jewellery and dress!
4. For a lighter scent, spray in mid air and walk through the mist. The fragrance will distribute evenly over the body and leave a hint of scent. Perfect for if you have a very heady perfume.
5. Don’t rub your wrists together after applying perfume. This squashes the top notes and makes them disappear faster resulting in a fragrance that doesn’t last the morning!
Top 5 bridal perfumes
1. Chanel no.5 – The classic choice. This perfume has quite a heady scent, so just a little touch will go along way – it is quite floral with ylang-ylang and jasmine. With base notes of sandalwood and vetiver.
2. Chanel Chance – Young, floral scent. Top notes of hyacinth, white musk, and exotic pink pepper – this is a very modern scent, and every time I wear it I always get compliments & asked what perfume it is.
3. Chanel Chance Eau Fraiche – Lighter than Chanel Chance. The sparkling floral is light but long-lasting; perfect if you’re having a laid-back marquee-based wedding and want just a hint of a romantic scent. This is just an Eau De Perfume rather than a Perfume, so lightly top up during the day.
4. Dior, Miss Dior – Playful, young scent. Fresh, fruity, citrus prelude into blossoming a floral scent with base musk notes. A very sweet smell also like candyfloss.
5. Dior J’Adore – Ultra modern & sophisticated – Rose, bergamot and jasmine. Really beautiful perfume, but is very heady so go carefully.
The other day I was in Waterstones and immediately spotted Tanya Burr’s first beauty & makeup guide book and had to have it! I am a bit of a fan of Tanya’s and love following her YouTube channel with it’s practical advice on hair, relationships and of course makeup! The book is packed with lots of behind the scenes knowledge of fashion and the makeup industry, with Tanya explaining everything from how to clean and maintain your wardrobe to overcoming anxiety. Tanya has such a gorgeous sense of style, and I absolutely fell in love with the floral dress she was wearing from French Connection in the book – so I was a little naughty and got it!
Tanya regularly updates her YouTube channel, and I can highly recommend watching a few of her makeup videos and giving it a go! x
Over the 4 years I have been in the wedding industry (I trained just over 6 years ago to be a makeup artist) I have been asked to write numerous articles on beauty preparation before the wedding – what brides need to consider months, even years, before the big day. In actual fact the ‘tips’ used for preparing for your wedding are useful for good general health – not just left for your wedding. Advice such as drink more water, or don’t bite your nails, have regular hair trims or eat healthy. I’ve complied my top 5 tips that clients seem to find useful, hopefully you will too.
1. It seems to be a cliché to mention water when referring to any sort of beauty or health regime – but nevertheless, this tonic is the key to banishing skin dullness and keeping blemishes at bay. So should be taken regularly as soon as you start wedding planning to get the full health benefit. It will also keep you more alert and help combat stress levels which is a real bonus!
2. You don’t have to be a Dermatologist to know the sun is harmful. And wearing an SPF should be top of your priority if going outside. Having a ‘tan’, or turning red is the skins reaction to a burn – which is exactly what the sun is doing to your delicate skin. So try and consider this next time. Unfortunately, if you do burn until the skin is peeling there is little makeup we can apply to cover this, as the heat of the skin will simply ‘melt’ it away.
3. On the subject of tans. If you want to add a little colour to your skin through a fake tan, then I strongly advise you to get it done by a professional beauty therapist in a salon. It’s also better if you have a spray tan in a pod, rather than applied by hand as it looks more natural and avoids streaks.. Also try and build the tan over time, and not get it done the day before the wedding to avoid disappointment over your colour. There is also less odour that way.
4. It’s a common myth that if you have oily skin you don’t need to moisturize. This is simply not true. It doesn’t matter what skin type you have – be it dry, sensitive or combination skin you need to moisturize regularly, and don’t be afraid to use a lot. I often see clients who just use the tiniest amount, and wonder why their skin is so dry. You just need to use a bit more than one small fingers worth!
Last year I got the chance to do something a little different. Male beauty. I was asked by personal trainer James Seilo to help him with a styled shoot he was doing with a German fitness company, where he desperately needed some updated profile images to go with his new look website. Thrilled to be stepping out of my comfort zone I immediately said yes. What resulted where these crisp images of what is already a very attractive man, surely a great example of fitness for his clients. I just felt a little guilty eating a chocolate biscuit while shooting!
Not a lot is talked about with regards to male beauty. But it’s something that if it was taken away, or not considered when arranging a shoot you’d soon realise there was a difference. Simple things like evening skin tone, filling in the eyebrows and just lightly coating the eyelids to mask redness can achieve that fresh look quite a lot of men would like, but wouldn’t know where to start.
If you’re looking for that missing piece to your project, then a professionally trained and experienced makeup artist maybe what you need to turn your creative thoughts into reality. Ensuring the end result is something that you can be really proud of to see in print or online.
Whether the assignment calls for a ‘classic’ beauty look or perhaps a more avant-garde design, my role will be to interrupt your thoughts and come up with a practical approach that takes your project to the next level. By committing to your vision I work hard through my designs to complement, never overpower, the rest of the creative team thus ensuring a smooth transition that appears seamless on and off camera.
Current clients include: Your Hampshire and Dorset Wedding Magazine, Bride Magazine and Wedding Ideas Magazine.
“I just wanted to get in touch and thank you for the beautiful work for our front cover of 163!”
Lisa Birch, Account manager fashion – Wedding Ideas Magazine
Photography by Ikonworks